Since Mueller Electric was established in 1908 the company has innovated and developed to become one of the world’s leading suppliers of crocodile clips, sometimes called alligator clips, electrical connectors, test leads and patch cords, and cable assemblies for factory automation and grounding.
With a Head Office and manufacturing facility in Akron, Ohio, USA the company operates in Europe through a regional Sales Office, Warehouse, and Distribution Centre in Nottingham.
As the original inventor of the Crocodile Clip with the first patents going back over 100 years, the company is responsible for creating and developing some of the most recognisable metal clips and clamps in use today, including charging clips for automotive battery cables as well as the World’s largest range of crocodile clips for industrial applications.
During World War II, Mueller Electric produced 41 million clips and they were used by all branches of the military for a wide variety of applications. Every US battleship had a large supply of Mueller clips for electrical repairs, but these clips weren’t just used for repair purposes. In the US Navy, every single life jacket (all 1.2 million of them) was equipped with a flashlight held high on the shoulder by a Mueller Electric clip to alert rescuers in case of emergency.
Over the years, the company has gained worldwide recognition for producing high quality products for industries including; transportation, oil and gas, aviation, automotive, medical, industrial automation, military and construction.
The Mueller Electric range of products is available from leading distributors all around the World.
For further information visit the Mueller Electric website http://www.muellerelectric.com
- A century of quality, reliability and innovation
- The inventor of the crocodile clip
- The widest range of crocodile clips in the World
- Capability to supply Globally
- Rapid delivery from extensive European stocks
- Engineering support capability to develop bespoke solutions